-- Wine"bib`bing, n. [1913 Webster]
Winebibber was a satirical Christian comic book produced in the late 1980s and early 1990s by Mike Brooks and Mike Stonelake. It was styled on the popular Viz comic of the time and takes its name from the description of Jesus found in two Gospels in the Bible:
"The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners." -- Matthew 11:19.
"The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!" -- Luke 7:34.
Selected characters and storylines
- Robin Mire (He's Not on Fire)
- Rev Ken Doddle
- William Basher the Converted Flasher
- Adrian Snail and his life of Contemplation
- Graham Snedrick
- Wallace Banger and his Righteous Indignation
- Gordon Bewes out of the Good News
- Bill Grimm's Progress
- Sally Armstrong - evangelist to the (un)known universe